look here for answers to your questions
Q: What do I need to know about a custom portrait session?
A:There is no typical session as every location and every person requires a unique approach. We will discuss your session in detail at your pre-session consultation. However, here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
- Time: For the best lighting conditions late afternoon until sunset, or early mornings are ideal. If these times do not suit your schedule, overcast skies or open shade also work well. Indoor sessions can be scheduled for any time.
- Location: The most important factor in a location is that it is a place where your family feels happy and relaxed – beaches, parks, your home, the playground, the bush – all make a wonderful backdrop for a fun and relaxed session.
- Wardrobe: Variety is best. Have several outfits prepared for the session, including at least one plain, simple outfit for a timeless look. Some colourful outfits are also recommended. Bright, bold colours and patterns can make for fun images. Logos or graphics on T–shirts can distract, so are best avoided. I am always happy to assist with clothing choices so don’t hesitate to ask.
Q: What does the session fee include?
A: An initial consultation via phone or in person; Up to 2 hours of coverage on your session date; Post-session image preparation of approximately 30 of the best images; A preview session for ordering purposes; Robyn Mayne’s personal consultation with the professional lab, and other suppliers, to achieve the highest quality images and products.
Q: What if we need to reschedule?
A: If illness prevents the session taking place, please call to reschedule. If you must cancel for other reasons, please try to do so at least 48 hours before your session. In the event of bad weather, Robyn will call to discuss options. The session may be rescheduled or moved to an indoors location.
Q: Do you provide digital manipulation?
A: Standard digital manipulation will be undertaken on the images chosen for presentation. This may include perfecting of exposure, colour and minor blemish touch-up. Additional or major manipulation will be charge at $50 per hour.
Q: When will my images be ready for viewing?
A: Images will be available 14 days after your photo session and will be presented to you at a proofing session. It is at this time you will make your portrait selection, and place your order.
Q: When will my final prints/products be ready?
A: Your final print order will be delivered approximately 2–3 weeks after your order has been placed. Canvases, albums, coffee table books, cards and framed portraits may take up to 4–6 weeks.
Q: Can I order reprints?
A: All proofed images will be kept on file for one year after your initial order. You are welcome to place a re–print order from these images.
Q: What are the Terms?
A: Imagine Photography’s Terms are listed below:
- The session fee is due within three days of booking your appointment. The session fee is non-refundable but may be applied towards a rescheduled session if 48 hours notice is given.
- Payment for prints and products will be required in full when you place your order. Payment Plans can be arranged – contact me for details.
- Imagine Photography accepts cash, direct deposit or credit card via PayPal.
- The price list, including special offers and packages, is subject to change over time.
- Re-shoots are at the discretion of the photographer.
- Travel fee may be applied for locations 30 kilometers or more from Sydney CBD.
Q: What are the copyright laws?
A: Australian Copyright Law protects image copyright. It is unlawful to copy or scan any images without the permissionof Imagine Photography and the photographer. In order to control the quality of any work produced, the photographer is the only one who can crop, modify or order any image produced at a photo session. Clients or visitors to this website may not reproduce any images produced by the photographer for any purpose, including personal use. Likewise, clients cannot authorise any reproductions of the images for commercial use, for photographic competition or display.
Note: A digital negative package, if purchased, will include a written Certificate of Use and Reproduction – for personal use only.
Q: Is my privacy safe?
A: I recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of my customers: Visitors to this web site; subscribers to newsletters or blogs and purchasers of Imagine Photography’s products.
I use your information to provide services to you, to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services – for example billing – to enter into contracts with you and for marketing and client relationship purposes.
I will never share your information with other companies unless they provide prizes for competitions or partner offers. If I do this I will always ensure these parties protect your information in the same way I do.